What is Sodium Cyclamate? Cyclamate has an excellent taste. The correct mixing ratio can optimize the sweetener saccharin’s sensory properties.
Further advantages: We can store it for a long time. The chemical structure remains unchanged even when exposed to heat.
It makes it ideal for cooking and baking.
See Also: What Is Benzyl Alcohol?
- 70 times sweeter than sugar
- has a high sweetening power
- is suitable for cooking, baking
- has an ADI of 7 mg/kg body weight
- a sweetener, food additive, sugar substitute
- used for beverages, dairy products, canned fruit, food supplements, table sweeteners, dietary foods.
See Also: Side Effects Of Sorbitol
The Facts About Sodium Cyclamate
Sodium cyclamate is the salt of cyclamic acid. Its produced by cyclohexylamine and amino sulfonic acid reaction. It is a chemical sweetener, about 30 times sweeter than ordinary sugar. But, this is the lowest sweetening power of artificial sweeteners.
- Discover of Cyclamate was by chance in 1937. They found research of a fever reducer cyclamate.
- Sodium cyclamate is a white, crystalline powder with no odor but tastes very sweet.
- Together with saccharin, the sweetening power is even more reliable.
- The substance is also getting found in food under the E-number E952. Especially dietary foods are sweetened with the content. They are hardly ever converted into the body and thus do not promote weight gain.
- Cyclamate is famous as a sweetener because it is very heat-stable. We can use it in cooking and baking.
- It’s not clear that sodium cyclamate supports weight loss. Insulin release takes place due to the sweet taste. Sure, there is no calorie intake like sugar. Hungry appetite attacks are often the consequence, detrimental to weight loss.
See Also: What Is Hexyl Cinnamal?
Where is cyclamate contained?
Cyclamate is sweetening calorie and sugar-reduced drinks. But the additive E952 is in the following products:
- food supplements
- calorie and sugar-reduced dairy products
- table sweetener
- calorie and sugar-reduced fruit nectars, jams, and marmalades
- dietetic food
- calorie- and sugar-reduced fruit and vegetable compote.
See Also: What Is Sodium Citrate?
Daily dosage recommendation
Experts recommend a daily intake of 7mg of cyclamate per kilogram.
It is the amount that a person can consume every day for a lifetime without any health effects.
Sweeteners approved in the US; cyclamate is subject to the strictest controls. There are no known side effects or undesirable effects.
See Also: Is Corn Syrup Bad For You?
How dangerous is sodium cyclamate?
We need to take caution with sodium cyclamate. Yet, no human studies exist. Initial animal experiments show that high sodium cyclamate can be carcinogenic and harmful. The testicles and sperm may take toxic effects under certain circumstances. More detailed studies on this are still pending.
See Also: Detox Diet Benefits and Side Effects
Sodium Cyclamate Facts:
- They set the sanctioned intake at 7mg/kg body weight per day.
- Enormous quantities of the substance are getting permitted in food. Levels of 1000mg/kg in energy-reduced or sugar-free jams and jellies. Food supplements up to 1250mg/kg.
- Studies suspect that sodium cyclamate converts by intestinal bacteria in humans. It enters the body and harms.
- Even if the research of harmful properties is minimal, take caution on high amounts. Before you buy food, look at what it contains.
- Especially with sugar-free products, they are full of sweeteners. Pay attention to the substitutes.
- Help yourself with organic products, and cook fresh. Chemical additives are not allowed with organic products.
See Also: Cacao Powder Benefits And Side Effects
Effects of cyclamate on human body
Unlike conventional sugars, cyclamate is not metabolized. It excretes unchanged via the kidneys.
Sweeteners do not affect blood sugar. They are particularly suitable for people with diabetes to sweeten teas and coffees.
There is no evidence that the long-term intake of cyclamate harms the human body.
See Also: Glucosamine: Effect, Side Effect, and Studies
Avoid Cyclamate in pregnancy
Cyclamate during pregnancy and other artificial sweeteners: consume in moderation! It’s considered harmless. But, sodium cyclamate is still not recommended for pregnant women.
The synthetic enters the placenta breast milk and can influence the baby’s metabolism.
Sodium cyclamate can alter intestinal flora and increase the risk of obesity. Furthermore, the development of type 2 diabetes in the unborn child.
Pregnant women put themselves at risk of developing gestational diabetes. Or later diabetes through heavy consumption of cyclamate.
See Also: Is Asian Seasoning Soy Sauce Healthy?
Cyclamate makes it more challenging to lose weight
Cyclamate-added foods do not contain glucose. The body has the same reaction to it when eating regular sugar. Because the sweetener docks onto the same taste receptors.
Blood glucose levels rise, and the pancreas releases insulin. They transport glucose particles absorbed through food from the blood into the cells. It can lead to the development of type 2 diabetes, as researchers suspect.
Cyclamate can also impair the success of a diet. High insulin levels block fat burning. Losing weight is sometimes made more difficult than more accessible.
See Also: Healthy Foods For Losing Weight
Criticize never ends on sweeteners, and cyclamate is no exception. Like all other additives, a health safety test approves the sweetener.
An amount that one can eat per day without fearing health disadvantages.
This so-called ADI value is 7 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. Besides, there are large amounts for use in food to observe the value without any problems.
In animal studies, high consumption of sodium cyclamate causes urinary bladder cancer and fertility problems.
But, we can’t transfer these experiments to humans without further research.
It is not yet scientifically proven that cyclamates are harmful to health.
For Below Links A Disclaimer: We wish you like here the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from the links on this page. Prices are here accurate and items in stock as of the time of writing.
Check out here “sweetener” related and different products on Amazon:
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener 1:1 Sugar Substitute Keto Non-GMO – See On Amazon.
- Splenda No Calorie Sweetener Value Pack 1000 Individual Packets – See On Amazon.
- Pyure Organic Stevia Sweetener Blend 2:1 Sugar Substitute Granular All-Purpose 1 Pound – See On Amazon.
- Health Garden Monk Fruit Sweetener Classic Non-GMO Gluten-Free 1:1 Sugar Substitute Kosher Keto-Friendly – See On Amazon.
Last Updated on 24/03/2022 by Buzz This Viral