Smoked fish recipes – Smoking fish is a great way to cook it, and you can use it in recipes or eat it on its own. Salmon, Tuna, Seafood, Trout, and more! Check out the smoked fish recipes here.
About Smoked Fish
Smoked fish, smoked meat, and whiskey have one thing in common: a smoky flavor.
This unique taste is not for everyone, but the one who loves him does not want to miss him anymore.
That’s why we present you with the most popular smoked foods with matching side dishes and sauces.
We have searched the internet and collected only the best relevant recipes to save you time.
Also, smoking is an ancient art to preserve food (especially fish and meat).
You can eat smoked food as it is, and dried food is a matter of taste if you prefer not to eat warm.
See Also: Ice Cube On Burger When Grilling
Smoked Fish Grilling and Cooking Preparation
Before we jump into the different types of smoking fish recipes, let us explain some basic stuff about this grill fish food category.
For example, we will use smoked salmon in an oven or an electric smoker.
There are two types of smoke fish, hot and cold smoking, and each of them requires different smoking temperatures.
Hot smoking gets cooked between 250° – 200°Fdegrees, and cold smoking will need – 80°F degrees.
Before you start, please consider that the fish fillets need to rest a minimum of two or three hours at room temperature.
If your smoker can’t heat the fish’s internal temperature to 160°F, transfer your fish to a home oven set with 300°F.
When the fish start to get hot inside, let them cook a minimum of 30 minutes in your oven to reach the standard cooking time to let them become dark and layered for a delicious taste.
After the smoking progress has finished, you can serve your smoked salmon with cream cheese to get the best fish-eating feast experience!
Don’t forget the wood chips as well!
Smoked Fish Recipes
Smoked fish tastes great as a spicy extra to crisp salads, gives pasta and potato dishes a warm hearty touch, and brings an appetizer combination with herbs, fruits, or cheese on the table. Try these recipes with smoked fish.
List and Types of Smoked Fish Recipes
We are going to reveal five types of smoked fish recipes that will include:
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Different cooking and preparing styles of smoked salmon recipes with barbequed smoked salmon candy simply smoked salmon with cucumber relish, quick smoked salmon with avocado-radish salad, and maple-smoked salmon.
Barbequed Smoked Salmon
Real smoked salmon, salmon cooked by the heat of the smoky fire and infused with a fabulous smoky flavor, can be made without a smokehouse.
Any ordinary grill will do, as long as you set it up as outlined below >>> The Spruce Eats
How To Make Barbequed Smoked Salmon Recipe?
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat
2. Cut salmon into 1-inch cubes
3. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder
4. Place salmon cubes in the bowl and coat evenly with the marinade
5. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes, or until salmon is slightly pink in the center and crispy on the outside
Smoked Salmon Candy
This is traditionally done with salmon in Alaska, usually chinook, coho, sockeye, or chum salmon.
But any salmon will work for this recipe, as will fish like Mackinaw (lake trout), Dolly Varden, big rainbows or cutthroats, char, or really any large, fatty fish you can cut into strips…>>> Honest Food
How To Make Smoked Salmon Candy Recipe?
1. Start by heating sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook the sugar mixture, constantly stirring, until it turns a light golden color.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool slightly.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the cooled syrup and smoked salmon.
5. Spread the mixture evenly over a sheet of wax paper and let it cool completely.
6. Cut the candy into small pieces and store it in an airtight container.
Simply Smoked Salmon With Cucumber Relish
With its fresh, tart flavors and no-cook assembly, this smoked salmon appetizer is 100% summer-worthy.
The base is a simple medley of finely diced green apple, cucumber, lemon, olive oil, and fresh…>>> Whole Nourishment
How To Make Simply Smoked Salmon With Cucumber Relish Recipe?
1. Start by prepping your smoker.
2. In a bowl, mix the cucumber relish ingredients.
3. Spread the mixture evenly over the salmon fillets.
4. Place the salmon fillets on the smoker and smoke for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Serve the salmon with the cucumber relish on top.
Quick Smoked Salmon With Avocado Radish Salad
Luckily, I only bought 4 ounces of smoked salmon, so that sort of took care of itself on its own.
Only now I have smoked salmon on my grocery list for tomorrThat’sat’s good- please try it…>>> Heather Christo
How To Make Quick Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe?
1. Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add in the smoked salmon and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
3. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
4. In a salad bowl, combine the cooked salmon, avocado, tomatoes, and crumbled blue cheese.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Maple Smoked Salmon
This Smoked Maple Glazed Salmon recipe is the most delectable, smoky, sweet, melt-in-your-mouth salmon you will ever have.
The secret is in the steps, this one requires a little bit of time and patience, but it is worth it….>>> Hey Grill Hey
How To Make Maple Smoked Salmon Recipe?
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook salmon filet until browned and cooked through.
3. Transfer salmon to a baking dish and bake for 10-12 minutes, until salmon is slightly browned and cooked through.
4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
5. combine mayonnaise, maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
6. Spread mixture over salmon and serve.
Smoked Tuna Recipes
Different types of smoked tuna recipes with smoked tuna dip, smoked lemon-pepper tuna, tuna with baby bok choy and carrots, easily smoked tuna, and manganese-style smoked tuna.
Smoked Tuna Dip
The beauty of this smoked tuna dip is its versatility—you can change it up by using a different fish (smoked salmon and red snapper are both fantastic) or ….>>> Louisiana Cookin.
How To Make Smoked Tuna Dip Recipe?
One can tuna, drained 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/2 cup sour cream 1/4 cup diced onion one tablespoon chopped green pepper one teaspoon smoked paprika 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Fresh parsley leaves for garnish.
1. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, green pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Mix well. 2. Serve with fresh parsley leaves.
Smoked Lemon-Pepper Tuna
How To Make Smoked Lemon-Pepper Tuna Recipe?
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Step 2: In a bowl, combine tuna, lemon juice, pepper, and garlic powder.
Step 3: Spread mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tuna is cooked through.
Step 4: Serve with fresh lemon wedges and crusty bread.
Tuna With Baby Bok Choy And Carrots
Smoked tuna steaks just need a lick of hardwood smoke & a quick grill to make them taste incredible.
Add this sweet & spicy tuna glaze & a side of steamy vegetables for a quick dinner that takes less than 30 minutes….>>> Traeger Grills
How To Make Tuna With Baby Bok Choy And Carrots Recipe?
1. Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the tuna and baby bok choy and cook until the tuna is cooked through about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add in the carrots and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
3. Serve the tuna and bok choy with some rice and enjoy!
Easy Smoked Tuna
Why settle for canned, commercial tuna when you can make homemade smoked tuna in a snap?
Smoking tuna at home is a breeze. This no-fuss fish just needs a quick brine, a little seasoning, and…>>> Char-Broil
How To Make Easy Smoked Tuna Recipe?
One can (6 oz) tuna, drained and flaked
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
One tablespoon diced onion
One tablespoon diced green pepper
One tablespoon chopped red pepper
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)—grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. Mix tuna, mayonnaise, ketchup, onion, green pepper, and red pepper together in a bowl. Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
Manadonese Style Smoked Tuna
My mom told me to make a dish the same as she usually makes at home besides the chili sauce (Rica-Rica). I asked her what the specific name for this recipe is…
I couldn’t remember. So I just called it Manadonese Seasoning Smoked Tuna Fish… Jane’sne’s Simple Kitchen
How To Make Manadonese Spicy Rich Spices Tuna Fish Recipe?
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine tuna, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, green onion, and black pepper. Mix well.
3. Spread mixture into a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tuna is cooked through.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sriracha sauce. Spread over tuna.
6. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
Smoked Seafood Recipes
Different types of smoked seafood recipes with smoked baby octopus, smoked lobster tails, smoked jumbo shrimps, smoked garlic butter clams, smoked crab legs, bbq smoked mussels, and smoked scallops.
Smoked Baby Octopus
How To Make Smoked Baby Octopus Recipe?
1. Start by heating a large pot or Dutch oven on the stovetop over medium heat. Add in the olive oil and octopus legs. Cook the octopus legs until they are slightly browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove the octopus legs from the pot and set them aside. Add the onion, celery, garlic, and red pepper flakes to the bank and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Return the octopus legs to the pot and add tomato sauce, clam juice, and smoked paprika. This mixture will give the fish a smoky flavor that will tantalize your taste buds.
Smoked Lobster Tails
How To Make Smoked Lobster Tails Recipe?
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large pot, cook the lobster tails in a large amount of salted water for about 10 minutes or until they are cooked through.
3. Remove the cooked lobster tails from the pot and set them aside.
4. In the same pot, add the butter and melt it over low heat.
5. Add the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add the milk and stir until the mixture is smooth.
7. Add the lobster tails and stir until they are coated.
When it comes to smoked fish, lobster tails are a muThey’rey’re a luxurious and delicious addition to any smoked fish dish. In this recipe, we add the lobster tails to a plate of smoked fish and stir until they are coated. This recipe is perfect for a special occasion or any smoker who loves a bit of luxury in their smoked fish.
Smoked Jumbo Shrimps
How To Make Smoked Jumbo Shrimps Recipe?
1. In a large pot, heat some oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink and slightly charred on the outside for about 4 minutes.
3. Remove the shrimp from the pot and set it aside.
4. Add the onion and cook until it is translucent, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
6. Add the tomato sauce, shrimp, and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Smoked Grilled Clams
How To Make Smoked Grilled Clams Recipe?
Ingredients: -1/2 cup white wine -1/2 cup clam juice -1/4 cup olive oil -4 cloves garlic, minced -1/2 teaspoon salt -1/4 teaspoon black pepper -1/2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed and debearded -1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley -1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme -1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano -1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika.
1. Combine wine, clam juice, oil, garlic. Whisk wine, clam juice, oil, and garlic in a small bowl.
2. Pour mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
4. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Smoked Crab Legs
How To BBQ Right
How To Make Smoked Crab Legs Recipe?
1. Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
3. Place the mixture into a smoker bag or a large bowl.
4. Smoke the crab legs for about 2 hours, or until they are cooked through.
5. Remove from the smoker and let cool slightly before serving.
Bbq Smoked Mussels
Auckland Seafood School regularly publishes a beautiful cookbook incorporating some of the most divine seafood recipes from professional chefs around New Zealand.
This mussel recipe is ideal for impressing your friends at a dinner party or a relaxed Friday BBQ…>>> Auckland Sea Food School
How To Make Bbq Smoked Mussels Recipe?
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the mussels and cook for 3-5 minutes until they open.
3. In a baking dish, spread a layer of mussels over the bottom.
4. Pour the melted butter over the mussels and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the mussels are cooked through and golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and serve hot with a side of lemon wedges.
How To Make Smoked Scallops Recipe?
-1 pound fresh scallops
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1/4 cup white wine
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
-1/4 teaspoon dried basil
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/4 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup milk -1 tablespoon butter -1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese.
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook scallops in oil until browned and cooked through.
3. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
4. Serve with your favorite sauce or vegetables.
Smoked Trout Recipes
Different types of recipes about smoked lake trout, tea-smoked trout, smoked trout salad, smoked rainbow trout, and smoked planked trout.
Smoked Lake Trout
This recipe is designed for a fatty fish of between 5 and 15 pounds, something that can be butterflied or kited and then smoked whole…>>> Honest Food
How To Make Smoked Lake Trout Recipe?
1. Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F.
2. Clean and season the trout as desired. I like to use a mixture of sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Place trout on smoker and smoke for about 20 minutes per side, or until the trout is cooked through.
4. Serve the trout cooked to your preference, topped with your favorite sauce or vegetables. Enjoy!
Tea Smoked Trout
Hot tea-smoked trout with new potato & rocket salad…Boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for about 15 mins.
Drain well in a colander and allow them to steam dry for 5 mins…>>> BBC Good Food
How To Make Tea-Smoked Trout Recipe?
1. Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix 1 cup of tea, two tablespoons of smoked paprika, one teaspoon of garlic powder, and one teaspoon of salt.
3. Add 8-10 pounds of trout fillets to the bowl, making sure they are well coated in the marinade.
4. Place the trout on the smoker and smoke for about 2-3 hours, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
5. Serve the trout cold with your favorite sides.
Smoked Trout Salad
You can substitute whitefish or hot-smoked salmon for the trout…
we can make trout salad three days ahead. Cover and chill….>>> epicurious
How To Make Smoked Trout Salad Recipe?
1. Rinse the trout fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Heat the oil until hot in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the trout and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or browned.
3. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
4. In a salad bowl, combine the trout, romaine lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, and crumbled blue cheese.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and toss to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Smoked Rainbow Trout
Smoked rainbow trout have done in the Bradley Smoker. Dry brined with brown sugar, salt, and spices and smoked with alder wood…>>> The Black Peppercorn
How To Make Smoked Rainbow Trout Recipe?
1. Start by smoking the trout over indirect heat for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove the trout from the smoker and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add the trout and cook for about 5 minutes per side or cooked through.
5. Serve with your favorite vegetables and aioli sauce.
Smoked Planked Trout With Caper Dill Sauce
Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
Grill the empty planks until toasted on both sides, 2 minutes per side. Let’s cool…>>> Barbecue Bible
How To Make Smoked Planked Trout With Caper Dill Sauce Recipe?
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large baking dish, spread out the trout fillets in a single layer.
3. Drizzle the trout with olive oil, then sprinkle on salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the trout is cooked through and slightly pink in the center.
5. Remove from oven, and let cool slightly.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, capers, dill, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Smoked Fish Recipes
Different cooking and preparing styles of smoked fish recipes: smoked branzino, smoked smelt, smoked black cod, cajun smoked catfish, smoked fish pie, smoked haddock with cheat chips, smoked walleye, and smoked Pacific saury.
Smoked Branzino (European Sea Bass)
Grilled Branzino, simple supple fish grilled perfectly with lemon spices, leaving the Branzino to shine forth with its moist delicate flesh slightly elevated in flavor…>>> Sugar Love Spices
How To Make Smoked Branzino Recipe?
1. Clean and scale the fish
2. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and smoked paprika
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat
4. Add olive oil and pan-fry the fish until golden brown and cooked through
5. Remove from heat and let cool slightly
6. Serve with a simple green salad and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Mix water and apple juice with salt, sugar, and spices until the salt and brown sugar are dissolved…>>> Bradley Smoker
How To Make Smoked Hooligan Smelt Recipe?
1. Start by heating your smoker to 275 degrees.
2. Cut your smoked hooligan smelt into small chunks and place them in the smoker.
3. Smoke the smelt for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked.
4. Once the smelt is cooked, remove it from the smoker and let it cool down.
5. Once cool, strain the smoked hooligan smelt and discard the fat.
6. Mix the smoked hooligan smelt with some salt and pepper, and serve it chilled or at room temperature.
Smoked Black Cod (Sablefish)
Basicalit’sit’s a dry cure and light smoke, with the addition of some honey for sweetness and then…>>> Honest Food
How To Make Smoked Black Cod Recipe?
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add the black cod and cook for about 5 minutes per side or golden brown.
3. Transfer black cod to a baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Or until the fish is cooked through.
4. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley, if desired.
Cajun Smoked Catfish
This recipe is specially designed to enhance the flavor of the catfish with a bit of spice without masking the natural fish flavor with smoke…>>> Smoke Grill Barbecue
How To Make Cajun Smoked Catfish Recipe?
1. Start by heating some oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the catfish fillets to the hot oil and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Remove the catfish from the skillet and set it aside.
4. Add the onion, celery, and green bell pepper to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
5. Stir in the garlic, cayenne pepper, and black pepper and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
5. Serve it with the prepared sauce.
Smoked Fish Pie
Delicious and simple is a smoked fish pie recipe anyone can make. It will become a firm family favorite…>>> Sealord
How To Make Smoked Fish Pie Recipe?
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake heat. Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft. Drain, then mash with the milk and butter in the saucepan. Adapt the seasoning to taste.
2. In a large frying pan, sauté the onion for 5 minutes with one tablespoon of the butter. Stir in the remaining butter until it is melted and boiling.
3. Fry for a couple of minutes after adding the flour.
4. Add half a cup of the fish stock at a time, stirring after each addition. Using a whisk, remove all lumps. Add half a cup of milk at a time, stirring after each addition.
5. Combine the mustard, nutmeg, lemon zest, and parsley in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in both types of fish carefully—place in an oven-safe dish.
6. Spread the mashed potato out to the borders with a spoon. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 50 minutes or brown and bubble.
Smoked Haddock With Cheat Chips
A straightforward fish is speedy to make and cheap to prepare.
Enjoy this smoked haddock in a creamy, satisfying sauce with tender stem broccoli and easy chips…>>> BBC Good Food
How To Make Smoked Haddock With Cheat Chips Recipe?
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/180 degrees Celsius fan/gas 6 and heat the oil in a big frying pan. Fry the potatoes for 10 minutes, or until they begin to crisp. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven while the haddock is cooking.
- Bring the haddock, broccoli, and cream to a simmer in the same frying pan that you used for the potatoes. Cook for 8-10 minutes, basting the haddock every now and again until it is done and the broccoli is soft. Serve alongside the chips.
Walleye is an angler’s dream to catch due to its large size can put up a good fight.
But, perhaps more importantly to those who don’t practice catch and release, walleye have…>>> Smoke Grill Barbecue
How To Make Smoked Walleye Recipe?
- Make 4-inch strips out of your walleye fillets.
- Cover the walleye strips with milk in a small dish. Allow the Walleye fillets to soak in the milk for about 15 minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the egg and water in the other.
- Remove the walleye strips from the milk bath one at a time. Dredge each piece of fish in the egg wash, then press it into the dry ingredients. Place on a baking sheet that has been buttered.
- Set your smoker to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and indirect heat.
- Once the smoker has reached temperature, place the grill rack full of fish in the smoker and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the fish reads 145 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
Smoked Pacific Saury
Sanma or Pacific Saury is one of the most well-known seasonal fish representing autumn in Japanese cuisine.
It’s usually salted and grilled whole even with intestines intact, and served with grated daikon and soy sauce to intensify the flavor of the fish…>>> Just One Cookbook.
FAQ Smoked Fish
Vitamins are hardly lost, but the proportion of nutrients increases. The content of proteins, fat, and minerals per portion is higher than with fresh fish. This means that smoked fish also has a higher proportion of calories, but at the same time, it also contains more healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
That way, they keep the longest and stay fresh. The smoked fish lasts a maximum of 2 weeks in a freshness box in the refrigerator. With vacuum packaging, you can achieve a shelf life of up to 6 weeks. We can even keep smoked fish for up to 3 months by freezing.
That is why smoked fish have a relatively long shelf life, and Cold-smoked fish have a longer shelf life than hot smoked fish. For example, the maximum storage time for cold-smoked fish is about 14 days if stored correctly and in a cool place, and Hot-smoked fresh fish keep for about 4 to 8 days.
After about 20 minutes, the burners go off by themselves. If we can remove the dorsal fins of the fish without effort, the smoked fish is ready. After cooling, it is then time to enjoy your meal.
Smoking fish is a great way to cook your favorite seafood, and it is easy to do and produces a delicious flavor.
Feel free to share this article ab” ut “Smoked Fish Rec “pes” with everyone who loves to eat smoked fish food.
Disclaimer: We wish you like the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from the links on this page. Prices are accurate and items in stock as of the time of writing.
Best Sellers For Fishing:
- Get The Best Fishing Equipment Here
- The Best Fishing Tackle Boxes Here
- Get The Best Fishing Pliers & Tools Here
- The Best Fishing Topwater Lures Here
- Get The Best Marine Dry Bags Here
- CHICKEN RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE EASY AT HOME (LIST, TYPE, VIDEO)
- LIST OF DIFFERENT ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE TYPES YOU CAN MAKE HOME
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF PASTA SALAD YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF BEST HAMBURGER RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME
Last Updated on 07/03/2022 by Buzz This Viral