How to tint car windows? – Tinting car windows yourself: that’s how it works! If you want to give your car a special touch or increase privacy in the rear, you can tint the car windows with films!
There are several valid reasons to tint your car windows: adequate privacy protection, a colder climate in the car, and burglary prevention through a low level of insight into the interior.
Many car manufacturers already offer tinted windows ex-works. If you want to tint your car windows afterward, you can choose between different techniques. The most popular is the use of individual films such as car wrapping.
Another possibility is to replace the original windows with tinted ones. Then there is the so-called glass coating, where the windows are getting sealed.
We try to clarify essential questions about tinting car windows.
A related video about “How To Tint Windows – Window Tinting For Beginners” here to watch.
Video Credit: TintSchoolOnline
- “nonda ZUS” Smart Car Charger Will Guide Your Way To Your Parking Lot.
- When The Car Ac Smells, Follow These Best 7 Steps For Solution!
- 4 Best Tips For “How To Faux Leather Care?” With Home Remedies
- New Types and List of Electric Cars 2019 2020 2021 2022
How to tint car windows? – Tinting car windows yourself
How to tint car windows, and can I tint my car windows myself? – This possibility exists but is not getting recommended. If you tint your car windows yourself with a film, there is a relatively high risk of bubbles forming and the film coming off more quickly.
A professional and clean result is more likely to be achieved if you have your car windows tinted by a professional. If you still desire to try it yourself, you can find step-by-step instructions here:
- Prepare the film, squeegee, spray bottle with rinsing liquid, and a hot air dryer.
- Drive the car into a dust-free, enclosed space.
- Clean car windows thoroughly. Spray rinsing water onto the windscreen.
- Measure the window, roughly cut the film from the roll and stick it on the outer pane.
- Cutting the film with a cutter knife, but do not cut on the glass itself.
- Smooth the film with the squeegee from the inside to the outside. The soapy water is getting pressed outwards.
- Use a hot air dryer to make the film stretchable.
- Roll up the film blank, which serves as a template, and apply it to the car window inside, which has also been getting cleaned. Important: Again, spray out sufficient rinsing water. Only in this way can the film be moved a little more.
- Once again, smooth the film with the squeegee, pressing the water from the inside out.
- Finished – Now, do not wind down the pasted glass pane for the first three days, leave out the window heater.
Pay attention to these when tinting your car windows
- Slide – There are different colors and unique features. The foil must be UV-coated and should be heat-insulating. In addition to the color, you must also decide on light transmission. If you want to have a little light in the interior as possible, you need a film with about 80 percent darkening; for more light, the percentage must be lower.
- Preparations – Your car must be immaculate both inside and out. If possible, dirt and dust must not be getting left in the car. Especially the windows must be cleaned very thoroughly. Remaining dirt and dust will significantly worsen your result.
- Workplace – You need a cleanroom. Do not tint your windows in the fresh air in wind and sunshine. A garage is an ideal place for hobby artisans, but cleanliness is also a priority. Before you start work, clean the garage and keep dust and dirt away from the windows during work.
- Set – Since you need various tools for the work, you should make sure you buy a complete set. The sets are available from any specialist dealer and in some DIY stores. By purchasing the collection, you do not have to worry about the material you need.
- Curing – The most crucial aspect you need to consider is the duration of the curing process. Depending on the manufacturer, this can take up to four weeks. To avoid ruining the result during this time, you should not clean the panes. If children are traveling with you, you should make sure that your hands do not touch the windows.
- Approval – Each state has different regulations concerning VLT percentage, so it’s good to check local laws relating to what you’re allowed to do.
If you have made scratches in the paint when tinting your car windows, it is vital to remove them again.
These are the advantages of car window tinting.
Of course, at first glance, tinting of the windows is an optical enhancement of the car. But there are several other reasons to tint the windows:
- Heat protection – Special sun protection films protect against infrared rays and ensure a colder climate in the interior. It relieves the air conditioning system and reduces fuel consumption.
- Glare protection – Glare from sunlight is getting reduced. Security is also provided at night against the dazzling light from the headlights of the vehicle behind.
- Protection against fading – The interior of the vehicle is getting protected from sunlight.
- Privacy protection – No unwanted views from outside. Theft inhibition and increased protection against burglary.
Besides positive aspects, there are also some disadvantages: Depending on the degree of tinting and the time of day, window tinting can restrict visibility in the car.
Especially when reversing, a darkened rear window makes it difficult to see to the rear.
The all-around view when maneuvering or parking could also deteriorate at dusk and night; through the film, you can only see well from the dark into the light.
Depending on the quality of the film and its coating, the view through the film can appear slightly blurred.
Therefore, sputtered films are getting recommended – they are more expensive, but last longer and offer a more unobstructed view.
Feel free to share this article about “How to tint car windows?” with someone who wants to know more about this topic.
For Below Links A Disclaimer: We wish you like here the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from the links on this page. Prices are here accurate and items in stock as of the time of writing.
Check out here “car window tint” related and different products on Amazon:
- MotoShield Pro Premium 2mil Ceramic Window Tint for Auto – 20 Inches x 10 Feet 25% 9% Infrared Heat Reduction Blocks 99% UV Window Film Roll – See On Amazon
- EHDIS 7 Pieces Vehicle Glass Protective Film Car Window Wrapping Tint Vinyl Installing Tool – Squeegees Scrapers Film Cutters – See On Amazon
- Mkbrother Uncut Roll Window Tint Film 35% VLT 24″ in x 10′ Ft Feet Car Home Office Glass – See On Amazon
- Enovoe Car Window Shade – 4 Pack 21 “x14” Cling Sunshade for Car Windows – Sun Glare and UV Rays Protection for Your Child, Baby Side Window Car, Sun Shades – See On Amazon