How to make banana chips in the oven? – Banana chips are always a delicious snack for in between, and if you make them yourself also really healthy. How you can make your banana chips, we tell you in the following instructions.
- Why you shouldn’t put bananas in the fridge – 2 Best Tips
- The Unknown Benefits Of Banana Peel – Can we eat it?
- What Are The Banana Benefits For Health? (How And Why)
- Can dogs eat bananas? Feeding Dog with Banana is it OK?
Table of Contents
How To Make Banana Chips In The Oven? Best Banana Chips Recipe To Make At Home
Compared to purchased banana chips, homemade banana chips are also healthier. They are not preserved with additives and are deep-fried in oil. Thus, they are lower in fat and have significantly more vitamins than the supermarket’s calorie-rich snack. With a little tolerance, you can easily make your banana chips.
- The time required to make your banana chips is relatively high, so you should process several kilograms of bananas (3-4 kg) right away.
- First, preheat your oven between 50 to 60 degrees. If the internal oven temperature is too hot, the fructose will start to caramelize, and the banana chips may burn. Set the control to convection so you can dry several trays of banana slices at once later.
- Peel the purchased bananas and remove any fruit strings that may still be attached.
- Place the peeled bananas on a board and cut them one by one into 2 to 4 mm thick slices. The thinner the pieces, the faster they can dry but also break.
- Now arrange the freshly cut slices, slightly spaced, on a baking sheet one by one. Use baking paper underneath. Prepare several baking sheets at the same time and then put them together in the preheated oven.
- The banana slices must now dry in the oven for six to eight hours. In between, taste your homemade chips now and then make sure they come out of the range at optimal consistency. If possible, the chips should be dry enough to break with little force.
- Allow the banana chips to cool long enough after the drying time. After the cooling process, store them in tight disposable or screw-top jars.
- Of course, you can also refine your banana chips with various spices, such as curry, vanilla sugar, chili, or cinnamon.
FAQ Banana Chips
Are dried banana chips healthy?
Vitamins, minerals, and other dried banana ingredients: Banana sticks provide one-third of beta-carotene's daily requirement, the precursor for vitamin A. It is essential for healthy skin and mucous membranes, for good eyesight and iron metabolism.
How can I dry bananas?
Peel the bananas and cut them into 2-5 mm thick slices. Spread the banana slices side by side on baking sheets lined with baking paper and brush with lemon juice. Dry the banana slices in the oven for 6-8 hours at 50-60 °C circulating air.
What is the shelf life of dried bananas?
Once the drying process is completed and you hold the dried banana in your hands, it will keep for more than 12 months.
How to dry fruit in the oven?
Spread the prepared fruit on a double layer of baking paper on a baking tray, spacing them apart. Dried fruit should not overlap each other. Dry fruits in a 50 °C oven for about 12 to 24 hours, depending on the fruit type.
Is dried fruit healthy?
But is dried fruit as healthy as fresh fruit? Dried fruit contains plenty of dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins, but it also has many calories. Drying removes the water from the fruit, which even dramatically concentrates the energy.
Feel free to share this article about “How to make banana chips in the oven?” with someone who wants to know more about this topic.
For Below Links A Disclaimer: We hope you like here the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from this page’s links. Prices are here accurate and items in stock as of the time of writing.
Check out here “Banana Chips” related and different products on Amazon:
- We Got Nuts Sweetened Banana Chips (4 Pounds) Sealed For Freshness – See On Amazon.
- Augason Farms Banana Chips 2 lbs 1 oz No. 10 Can – See On Amazon.
- GERBS Unsweetened Banana Chips, 32-ounce Bag, Unsulfured, Preservative, Top 14 Food Allergy Free – See On Amazon.
- Bare Baked Crunchy Banana Chips, Simply, Gluten-Free, 2.7 Ounce, Pack of 6 – See On Amazon.