Low Calorie Mayonnaise: Do you sometimes want mayonnaise? Of course, we think mayonnaise tastes good. Who can deny that? But have you ever wondered if there is low-fat, sugar-free mayonnaise?
If so, we have an interesting quick recipe for low-calorie homemade mayonnaise for you. You can use this low-fat mayonnaise just like regular mayonnaise in a tube. You can rely on this homemade light mayonnaise if it’s for chips or a low-calorie pasta salad.
With mayonnaise, the lecithin in the egg yolk is decisive for the consistency. We have found that the egg yolk is also responsible for the typical mayonnaise taste.
It is also the vinegar, lemon, salt, and fat that is decisive for the taste, and it is the clumsy simplicity that gives the flavor here but satisfies you. Therefore, we can make a vegan mayonnaise with soy milk, which contains soy lecithin.
It may likely achieve the same results with guar gum if it produces the same texture as lecithin.
First, let us examine how to lower the calories in mayonnaise and later some recipes to prepare themselves.
See Also: How Long To Cook French Fries?
The low-calorie variant for mayonnaise
- However, conventional mayonnaise is a real calorie bomb. If you eat 100 ml of it, you have supplied your body with over 700 calories.
- It doesn’t matter whether you make mayonnaise yourself or buy a ready-made product.
- Mayonnaise consists mainly of oil. 100 ml of sunflower oil alone provides about 850 calories.
- If you don’t want to do without mayonnaise but still want to look after your figure, you can also find alternative products. These low-calorie mayonnaises, for example, are produced without sugar and sometimes even without fat.
- You can also prepare low-calorie mayonnaise yourself without much effort.
See Also: How To Cook The Best Pasta?
Low-fat mayonnaise recipe: with olive oil and without sugar
In no time, you can make low-fat mayonnaise low in calories with olive oil and no sugar from just a few ingredients that everyone has at home.
- 250 g low-fat curd cheese
- Six pieces cooked egg yolks
- One teaspoon xylitol
- One pinch of salt
- One teaspoon of Balsamico Bianco vinegar
- One small lemon
- Two tablespoons olive oil
How to do it:
- First, boil the eggs, let them cool down and peel them.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites; remains of the egg white do not play a role in the yolk.
- Now put 250 g low-fat quark in a bowl and add the egg yolks.
- Now mix with a whisk until all yolks are thoroughly mixed.
- Squeeze the lemon, add the vinegar, xylitol, and a pinch of salt and mix.
- Stir and, if necessary, carefully add some water until the desired consistency is getting reached.
- But do it slowly with the water, because fast is then too liquid, so it is best to change the consistency spoon by spoon.
See Also: Smoked Fish Recipes
Another variant: low-calorie mayonnaise recipe
Various foods, such as sour cream or low-fat curd cheese, serve as a simple substitute for mayonnaise.
- If you would like to make a light, low-calorie mayonnaise yourself, do not use oil as an ingredient at all. First, drain 100 grams of low-fat curd cheese over a sieve.
- Meanwhile, boil two eggs so that the yolk is not quite hard, but not soft either. Usually, a cooking time of nine minutes is sufficient for this.
- You only need the egg yolks for the homemade mayonnaise. Please put it in a bowl and mix it with a tablespoon of water to a smooth mass.
- Season mayonnaise with a pinch of salt and pepper before gradually adding the quark to the egg yolk mixture.
- Mix into mayonnaise one teaspoon of lemon juice with a half tablespoon of white wine vinegar and finally stir both into the mixture.
- Before you serve the homemade, low-calorie mayonnaise, it must be getting kept in the refrigerator for two to three hours.
See Also: Healthy Foods For Losing Weight
The perfect creaminess in mayonnaise
A blender is getting recommended to get the consistency perfectly creamy. However, this is not necessary; it still tastes good. Besides, you won’t notice any small lumps in a pasta salad. There is one thing you have to consider.
If you use an ordinary quark, you must be very careful with adding liquids. If it is significant and juicy, lemon can make the mayonnaise almost too liquid.
Therefore you should always use low-fat curd cheese; this gives you more control over the consistency. And this is very important for mayonnaise.
See Also: Foods High In Protein Low In Fat
When the mayonnaise has become too runny, you don’t add another egg; you add oil. The oil binds because the oil emulsifies with the egg, the mustard, and the lemon juice. Just try it out!
For Below Links A Disclaimer: We wish you like here the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from the links on this page. Prices are here accurate and items in stock as of the time of writing.
Check out here “low-fat mayonnaise” related and different products on Amazon:
- Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise Squeeze 11.5 oz – See On Amazon.
- Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil 12 Fl Oz – See On Amazon.
- Lemonaise Light A Zesty Citrus Mayo All Natural Light Lemon Mayonnaise For Sandwich Spreads Dips and Dressings – See On Amazon.
- Kraft Mayo Avocado Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise 30 oz Jar – See On Amazon.
Last Updated on 24/03/2022 by Buzz This Viral