How long to cook a turkey? It depends on how many people want to eat it, how big the turkey is, and how long it takes to cook and prepare. We will explain in this article the best way how long to cook a turkey per pound and kilograms!
See Also: The Best Meat For Goulash
Cooking A Turkey
- How long to cook a turkey?: For four persons, the weight of Turkey should be 6-8 pounds (3-4 kg). The defrosting time is 36 hours. Leave the turkey in the oven at 170 degrees and cooking time of 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- How long to cook a turkey?: For eight persons, the weight of Turkey should be 11-13 pounds (5-6 kg). The defrosting time is 2-3 days. Leave the turkey in the oven at 170 degrees and cooking time of 3 ½ hours.
- How long to cook a 15-pound turkey?: For 12 persons, the weight of Turkey should be 15-17 pounds (7-8 kg). The defrosting time is 3 to 4 days. With this size, leave the turkey in the oven at 170 degrees and a cooking time of 3 ½ to 4 hours.
- How long to cook a turkey?: For 16 persons, the weight of Turkey should be 19-22 pounds (9-10 kg). The defrosting time is 4 ½ days. Leave the turkey in the oven at 170 degrees and cooking time of 4 ½ to 5 ¼ hours.
- How long to cook a turkey?: For 20 persons, the weight of Turkey should be 26-28 pounds (12-13 kg). The defrosting time is 6 to 7 days. Leave the turkey in the oven at 170 degrees and cooking time of 5 ½ hours. For space reasons, make two small Turkeys instead.
See Also: How To Grilling Lamb?
Best core temperature for cooking a turkey in the oven
As usual, poultry meat should always be well cooked so that all germs are getting killed.
What temperature to cook a turkey? In the turkey case, this condition reaches a core temperature of between 80° and 85° Celsius.
The best preparation is in the oven. Slowly bring the turkey to the core temperature before it’s cooked, and it will brown it on the outside and make it crispy.
The consumption of turkey meat ensures a good supply of protein and, at the same time, has very few calories.
See Also: What Is A Pyrolytic Oven?
How long to cook a turkey in a roaster?
The turkey is getting done when the roast thermometer shows at least 74°C. Without a roast thermometer, you can check whether the turkey is getting cooked. Prick the turkey with a fork, and the meat juice should run out clearly.
Take the roaster out of the oven and cover it loosely with aluminum foil. Let the turkey rest for 20 – 30 minutes so that the meat juice can settle and the meat relaxes.
See Also: Different Types of Meatloaf Recipes
How long to cook a turkey in a bag?
Place the turkey in one sizeable brown paper bag and close it well. Place the turkey in a bag in the oven, and roast it for 4 – 5 hours.
How to prepare a juicy and tender Turkey?
The turkey will be utterly delicious. It becomes particularly delicate when it is left in the refrigerator in brine for the last few hours with:
- 7 liters of water
- 2 cups of table salt
- ½ cup of sugar
- Now rinse the turkey, pat dry inside and outside, and leave to stand for an hour. The skin will become crispy if you pour gravy over it every 30 minutes during cooking.
- Cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil for the first hour as it is getting finished faster than the rest of the bird.
- The turkey is cooked when clear juice emerges from the thickest part of the leg when you prick the needle. Before carving, let the turkey rest in aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Well done!
Prepare the turkey: The correct order.
- Cut: Place the turkey on its back and carefully detach the meat from the bones with a carving knife.
- Separate the wings: Carve the meat around the side, fold the arm away from the fuselage and remove it with a jerk.
- Loosen the legs: Make the same incision in the thigh, bend the club away from the body and cut it off with a bit of pressure on the joint.
- Last steps: Separate the clubs into upper and lower legs. Arrange all parts on a preheated serving dish.
For Below Links Disclaimer: We wish you like the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from the links on this page. Prices are accurate and items in stock as of the time of writing.
There are many different types of roasters to make the perfect roasted turkey. Check out here these amazing roaster ovens on Amazon.
- Oster Roaster Oven with Self-Basting Lid | 22 Qt, Stainless Steel – Click Here.
- Hamilton Beach 28 lb 22-Quart Roaster Oven with Self-Basting Lid (Stainless Steel) – Click Here.
- BELLA 24-Pound Turkey Roaster with Variable Temperature Control & Removeable Pan & Rack, Black – Click Here.
- EaZy BrandZ EZO-3016B oberdome plus Countertop Electric Roaster Oven with domelok Heat Technology, Black – Click Here.
Last Updated on 02/04/2022 by Buzz This Viral