Foods High In Magnesium: Magnesium is considered a vital mineral, but the only problem is that our bodies cannot produce the mineral itself. We have to supply our bodies with magnesium through food every day. But which nutritions are high in magnesium? Find out here how you can get the list of high magnesium nutritions.
See Also: Vegan Foods High In Potassium
List of Foods High In Magnesium
Many nutritions contain magnesium. But only a few have a high magnesium content. Most people cover about two-thirds of their daily magnesium requirements through bread and soft drinks in America, and the rest comes mainly from milk, dairy products, and fruit.
List of top foods rich in magnesium to eat.
Wheat Bran, Pumpkin Seeds, and Sunflower Seeds
Nutritions particularly rich in magnesium are wheat bran, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds:
- Sunflower seeds: about 420 mg magnesium/ 100 g
- Pumpkin seeds: about 535 mg magnesium/ 100g
- Wheat bran: about 550 mg magnesium/ 100 g
See Also: Foods High In Fiber
Magnesium-rich food with many calories
Nuts and Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate and cashew nuts are also magnesium-rich foods. The problem is that they provide plenty of magnesium and are also real calorie bombs.
- Peanuts: about 163 mg magnesium / 100 g
- Cashew nuts: approx. 270 mg magnesium / 100 g
- Dark chocolate: about 290 mg magnesium / 100 g
Among the foods rich in magnesium
Wholemeal Flour, Oat Flakes, and Wholemeal Bread
Whole grain products are in right midfield when it comes to magnesium-rich foods. In addition to oat flakes and wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta can also help to cover the daily magnesium requirement.
- Wholemeal bread: about 90 mg magnesium / 100 g
- Oat flakes: about 140 mg magnesium/ 100 g
- Wholemeal flour: approx. 155 g magnesium/ 100 g
See Also: Low Carb Baking Flour Substitutes
Other foods containing magnesium
Other foods containing magnesium include bananas, Emmental, and raspberries. Besides, there is a whole range of green foods such as broccoli, peas, or beans that can help to improve magnesium intake.
However, one would have to consume quite a lot to reach the daily magnesium requirement* of around 300 – 400 mg of magnesium per day, for example, six to seven bananas:
- Peas: about 33 mg magnesium/ 100g
- Broccoli: approximately 24 mg/100g
- Bananas: about 36 mg magnesium / 100 g
- Beans: 25 mg/ 100 g
- Emmental: about 33 mg magnesium/ 100 g
- Raspberries: about 30 mg magnesium / 100 g
See Also: Unknown Benefits Of Banana Peel
Foods rich in magnesium
For example, more than 100 milligrams of magnesium per 100 grams contains the following foods:
- Whole rice
- Whole grain rice
- Brown rice
- Green vegetables
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Whole grain
- Whole-grain products
- Whole grain flour
- Qat flakes
See Also: Oats Benefits And Side Effects
Foods with an average amount of magnesium
These foods contain about 20 to 100 milligrams of magnesium per 100 grams:
- Polished rice
- Dairy products
- Fruits (soft fruits and bananas)
See Also: Foods High In Selenium
Foods with little magnesium
However, up to 20 milligrams of magnesium per 100 grams are still getting found in:
- Lamb’s lettuce
- Endive salad
- Heavily processed foods
Mineral water has different magnesium content, and some mineral waters even contain more than 80 milligrams of magnesium per liter and can significantly contribute to meeting the reference value. However, anyone who wants to know precisely should look at the ingredients.
See Also: Cabbage Health Benefits And Side Effects
Magnesium is in many different foods. In general, plant foods are particularly suitable for a magnesium-rich diet. Excellent sources are cereal products, nuts, seeds, and legumes. Since the outer layers of cereals mainly contain many minerals, it is better to opt for whole-grain varieties.
In addition, natural mineral waters with a magnesium content of at least 50 milligrams per liter and green vegetables and dried fruits are also suitable suppliers. Foods from animal sources such as dairy products, meat, or fish contain magnesium. However, their overall mineral content is lower.
Feel free to share this article with someone interested in foods high in magnesium.
For Below Links Disclaimer: We wish you like the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from the links on this page. Prices are accurate, and items are in stock as of the time of writing.
Check out here magnesium related products on Amazon:
- Natural Vitality Calm #1 Selling Magnesium Citrate Supplement, Anti-Stress Magnesium Supplement Drink Mix Powder- Raspberry Lemon, Vegan, Gluten-Free and Non-GMO (Package May Vary), 16 oz 113 Servings – See On Amazon
- Doctor’s Best High Absorption Magnesium Glycinate Lysinate, 100% Chelated, TRACCS, Not Buffered, Headaches, Sleep, Energy, Leg Cramps, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy Free, 100 mg, 240 Tablets – See On Amazon.
- ASUTRA Magnesium Chloride Bath Flakes, 2 lbs | For Foot & Body Soaks| Relieve Muscle Cramps | Fight Joint Pain | Stress, Anxiety, Headache Relief | Pure Zechstein | Absorbs Faster Than Epsom Salts – See On Amazon
Last Updated on 14/04/2022 by Buzz This Viral