Aromatherapy Effects And Applications – What is Aromatherapy? Aromatherapy is the power of essential oils for the body, mind, and soul.
In Aromatherapy, essential oils alleviate symptoms of illness or increase well-being.
Therapy with fragrances has equal influence on the body, mind, and soul and is an independent part of phytotherapy, the treatment with medicinal plants.
See Also: How To Prevent Sunburn?
Aromatherapy: The Fragrant World Of Medicinal Plants!
Therapy with aroma performs with essential oils extracted from plants, which evaporate relatively quickly in the air and can be perceived by humans with their noses.
In general, fragrances are getting perceived as pleasant, but individual likes and dislikes are influenced by personal development, among other things.
Essential oils have treated the sick for more than 9000 years. Thus, both the Chinese and the ancient Egyptians used the powers of plant scents.
They even widely used essential oils against the plague in the Middle Ages. Various techniques obtain the valuable, fragrant oil of the plant and most essential oil extracts with the help of steam distillation.
Another gentle procedure is cold pressing or expression, which primarily extracts peel essences from lemon or orange peels. A highly complex process for the extraction of essential oils is enfleurage.
This gentle process is time-consuming and expensive. It is easier to extract essential oils using solvents.
However, since solvent residues cannot be ruled out, such oils in Aromatherapy are not recommended. Theoretically, we can produce essential oils with distillation, but this is very laborious.
See Also: Lemongrass Benefits and Side Effects
Aromatherapy Effects And Applications
Alternative practitioners or doctors usually practice Aromatherapy. Midwives, masseurs, and psychotherapists also work with fragrances. Of course, some essential oils also belong in the medicine cabinet.
For example, lavender oil can help with burns, and thyme oil is famous for colds. Fragrant oils such as orange oil, rose oil, or lemon oil are suitable for wellness applications in the home.
A very well-known application of essential oils is vaporization in the fragrance lamp. For this, the essential oil is dropped into the water and heated with a tea light. Fragrance lamps are particularly suitable for arousing emotions and increasing well-being.
This application can also be helpful for respiratory diseases, just like inhalation. In this way, the oils enter the bloodstream through the bronchi and lungs and reach the target organs.
Essential oils are for local treatment, such as compresses or massage. For this purpose, however, we should mix the oils with another fatty oil such as jojoba or almond oil.
Another possibility of application is bathing. Prior emulsification is necessary since water and essential oil do not mix.
For various diseases, oral intake may be helpful. Like the rubs on acupuncture or reflex points, this form of application belongs in the hands of a therapist.
Please don’t underestimate the fragrant plant oils’ effect! One drop of oil corresponds in its concentration to 40 cups of tea.
See Also: What is benzyl alcohol?
Aromatherapy Brings Body And Soul In Harmony.
Natural essential oils have many benefits for the human body. When appropriately used, inhaling or massaging with different oils promotes pain relief and can relax and bring mind and body harmony.
- Healing with essential oils has been known since ancient times.
- It is a healing procedure carries out with the help of different natural fragrances.
- Aromatherapies can be performed either by a naturopath, by a masseur, or even by yourself at home.
- Aromatherapy is not a medical treatment and is only intended to relax and help your body activate its self-healing powers.
- It is essential to use natural essential oils such as lavender, stone pine, or peppermint oil to achieve the best possible results.
- In Aromatherapy, you can use a fragrance lamp because the essential oil is getting heated. In the process, the fragrance goes out. As soon as you inhale it, the oil unfolds its effect, for example, by having a calming effect on your mind.
- However, Aromatherapy performs in the same way as a massage, by massaging you with suitable oil.
- Besides, essential oils are suitable for compresses and a whole body bath or a sitz bath.
- The effect always depends on the oil used. Lavender oil has a calming effect, while lemongrass oil invigorates the body.
Choosing The Right Oil For Aromatherapy.
Depending on the result you want to achieve, you need a suitable oil. However, as an allergy sufferer, you should exercise caution. If allergic symptoms become noticeable, discontinue the application with the respective oil.
- Peppermint oil has a positive effect on headaches.
- Anxiety and depressive moods can be getting banished with the help of jasmine oil, for example.
- You can alleviate diseases of the respiratory tract with eucalyptus oil.
- If you are allergic to certain substances, be careful with the essential oils. Direct skin contact should also be getting avoided, as undiluted oils could corrode the skin.
- Scented lamps should never burn all day, as too many fragrances in the air can cause headaches. Also, always dilute the oil with a small amount of water before adding it to the fragrance lamp.
- Always use a sparing amount of essential oils. Never add more than five drops of the oil to a fragrance bowl.
- For baths, about ten drops are perfectly adequate.
Aromatherapy Helps With Depression And Sleep Disorders.
Aromatherapies have a primarily positive effect on people with depressive moods, sleep disorders, and stress. Certain oils can effectively alleviate the symptoms.
- Against depression, it is best to use orange oil.
- Stress is getting triggered by many factors and especially by lack of rest. Therefore, choose a calming oil. For example, lavender, rosemary, thyme, pine, or chamomile oil is suitable for this purpose.
- For more concentration, it is best to use eucalyptus, lemongrass, basil, or rosemary oil.
- Valerian and lavender oil ensure a restful sleep.
- Headaches and other pains can be getting alleviated with peppermint oil, for example.
FAQ Aromatherapy Effects And Applications
How Does Aromatherapy Work?
The scientifically defined Aromatherapy assumes that essential oils trigger emotional reactions in the brain via the sense of smell. Thus, a pleasant scent can relax and mood-lifting, positively influencing healing processes.
Which Essential Oil For Depression?
Basil reduces stress, anxiety, depression, and Chamomile calms emotions and nervous tension. Clary sage relieves anxiety, reduces stress, calms panic attacks, and has an antidepressant effect. Geranium also relieves anxiety, alleviates stress, and improves stress-related exhaustion.
What Essential Oils For Good Sleep?
Their balancing and relaxing effect are known, among others, the essential oils of lavender, lemon balm, nard, neroli, clary sage, ho leaves, basil, and bergamot.
Which Essential Oil Promotes Concentration?
Peppermint oil is a fast-acting essential oil. Mental exhaustion, overwork, or poor memory, has a stimulating effect and promotes concentration. The smell of lemongrass has a comparable impact.
Which Scents Are Calming?
A fragrance blend for relaxation contains, among others, neroli, lemon balm, lavender, rose, and Chamomile. Vanilla and angelica root is also calming. One of the best scents to calm the nerves is pure Chamomile. And lavender is the classic for stress.
Which Fragrances Have A Mood-Lifting Effect?
Peppermint has a stimulating, liberating, and clarifying effect on migraines; it supports concentration during mental work. Lemon has a refreshing and invigorating effect that promotes engagement. Orange and tangerine have a warming and mood-lifting effect, and vanilla has an aphrodisiac, stimulating, warming effect.
Which Scents Make Us Happy?
Far ahead are fragrances such as citrus notes, bergamot, vanilla, or even lavender because they all trigger feelings of happiness in us in different ways.
What Does The Orange Fragrance Do?
Orange essential oil smells very feminine and warm. The oil stimulates the hormone enkephalin, which translates into a mood-lifting feeling. The orange scent helps against the lack of light in winter and stimulates the pineal gland.
Which Essential Oils Are Suitable For Children?
Particularly mild essential oils are recommended for children, such as angelica root – antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, physically strengthening, and calming. Fennel – stomachic, anti-flatulent, expectorant, restorative. Geranium – antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, refreshing.
Which Essential Oil Has A Calming Effect?
Several studies have shown that lavender oil promotes balance has a relaxing and calming effect. Lavender essential oil is perfect to put in a fragrance lamp together with some water before sleeping or to drip it on a piece of cloth and put it next to the bed.
Create a fragrant home with Aromatherapy in everyday life.
Whether it’s the memory of a loved one or the desire for an exceptional scent experience, Aromatherapy offers us numerous ways to consciously integrate scents into our everyday lives in a healing way.
Whether as a natural mood enhancer or a helper in the onset of the common cold at inopportune times. With just a few drops of essential oils, you can make your home a fragrant place.
Give it a try.
Feel free to share this article about “Aromatherapy Effects And Applications” with someone who wants to know more about this topic.
For Below Links A Disclaimer: We hope you like here the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from this page’s links. Prices are here accurate and items in stock as of the time of writing.
Check out here “Aromatherapy” related and different products on Amazon:
- Vicks VapoShower, Shower Bomb Tablets, Soothing Vicks Vapors Steam Aromatherapy with Eucalyptus and Menthol, Non-Medicated, 12 Tablets (4 Boxes of 3) – See On Amazon.
- Ultimate Aromatherapy Diffuser & Essential Oil Set – Ultrasonic Diffuser & Top 10 Essential Oils – 300ml Diffuser with 4 Timer & 7 Ambient Light Settings – Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils – Lavender – See On Amazon.
- InnoGear Essential Oil Diffuser, Upgraded Diffusers for Essential Oils Aromatherapy Diffuser Cool Mist Humidifier with 7 Colors Lights 2 Mist Mode Waterless Auto-Off for Home Office Room, Basic White – See On Amazon.
- SPACEKEEPER Ceramic Backflow Incense Holder Waterfall Incense Burner, with 120 Backflow Incense Cones + 30 Incense Stick, Aromatherapy Ornament Home Decor, Blue Set – See On Amazon.
Last Updated on 05/05/2022 by Buzz This Viral